Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you are using this derailleur so I am hoping to get some feedback. I have just aquired a Precision Billet "proshift" rear derailleur (new with directions). I have spent over an hour trying to get this thing to shift properly. The cassette and chain are also new.

My XTR takes 10 minutes to setup. What am I doing wrong or are these derailleurs just poor shifters and that`s why they went out of business?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
top_ring said:
Some of you are using this derailleur so I am hoping to get some feedback. I have just aquired a Precision Billet "proshift" rear derailleur (new with directions). I have spent over an hour trying to get this thing to shift properly. The cassette and chain are also new.

My XTR takes 10 minutes to setup. What am I doing wrong or are these derailleurs just poor shifters and that`s why they went out of business?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Mine shifts very well, but I have mine running with twister shifters. Maybe if you have some of these lying around try them out. The stories of this derailleur not shifing well are aplenty but I took a chance and mine is working out great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.