Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Boone Titanium chainrings? The obvious benefits are durability and lighter weight. Any other considerations? Some say they help with chainsuck. Is this true? What are the drawbacks of having no ramps or pins? What shifting habits may need to change? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
And to add to donkey's coments, up here in Canada, the cost of Shimano XTR rings are on par with the Boones!!!! Since the XTR last only a season for me(I'm presently changing them and all 3 are toast after approx 1500-2000km only), the Boones are an interesting option! Just for your info, I've never tried them, but have hear good...

being sponsored this year, the XTR come out cheaper... But the day I'm not sponsored anymore, you be a set of Boones are going on...

Luego!

CODMAN

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I just ordered a 22t small ring and a 32t middle since I only run a 2x9. Where I ride is very steep and technical so I ditched the bigring. Hopefully I'll get a lot more durability from these rings than my previous Raceface rings and Shimano before that. Both of those sets got beat up pretty quickly, bent teeth etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Like Bikes said:
But how much did they cost you?

peace
If I was concerned about how much they cost I would have posted "what cheap rings to buy?" in the "best deals" forums;)

·
Registered
152 Posts

floydg68 said:
If I was concerned about how much they cost I would have posted "what cheap rings to buy?" in the "best deals" forums;)
sorry....i actaully tried to ask you how much they cost you......sorry if that came off as sarcastic..didn't mean it like that.

peace

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Like Bikes said:
sorry....i actaully tried to ask you how much they cost you......sorry if that came off as sarcastic..didn't mean it like that.

peace
Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D No harm done. The granny and middle ring were $121 for both plus $5 shipping. They are running a little behind right now so Bruce said they can get them to me within three weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xc_burner said:
Did you order the ramped and pinned version? I am trying to find out if they are available yet?
THanks
I ordered the unpinned, unramped version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.