Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Marzocchi MX Comp 85mm ($215), a Manitou Minute 1 ($215) and a Marzocchi AM 2 ($186) for trail riding and small log hopping and the like. My weight is 230-240 . Current forks are RST Gila T6.. my friend has an Answer Manitou he is willing to give to me. Has fork boots and stanchions are factory yellow. Any suggestions as to which one to go with?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
What bike is this for?

You have a selection that's all over the place. The travel on these forks ranges from 85mm to about 150mm. You need to match the fork up to the frame and it's geometry or you may run into some issues. Other than that, you have three nice choices, all intended for different types of frames.

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the bike

the bike is an Iron Horse Maverick Trail with a 5th element air shock. The stock fork is an RST Gila T6 just want to upgrade to something with compression & rebound fork travel is 100mm

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
The Minute 1:00 would be a nice fork for that bike. You can cllimb with it at 100mm and descend at 130mm. I weigh 30-40lbs more than you and have had a couple of Minute 1:00 forks and they will hold your weight just fine on that bike.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Jeffj nailed it

Get the Minute. Of the three, the best option for that bike. The MX at 85mm is not enough trabel for that frame. You'd constantly feel like you're going over the bars (probably because you are!). The AM is just a bit too much travel. Get the Minute for the reasons Jeffj explained.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.