Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share an experience with a bike shop in Moon Valley located at 7th St. and Thunderbird not far from the 7th Street PMP trailhead.

Last week, I picked up a Niner flat bar on eBay for what I thought was a bargain at $10 + shipping. The item description, unfortunately, did not mention the bar was cut down almost 50mm and had a significant dent on it. Concerned with the integrity of the bar, I stopped by Moon Valley Cyclery yesterday to get a "pro's" opinion on whether or not it would be safe to ride. Will at Moon Valley Cyclery told me it was "questionable". Bummer for me.

What was very cool and the reason for my post was that Will went into his parts bin, grabbed a takeoff bar and gave it to me at no charge. That was very cool and because of it, he's earned my business.

Since MVC is a small & new shop, I wanted to mention to folks who might live in the N. Phoenix area to go and check them out. They have also have group rides on Thursdays (Road) and Sundays (Mountain).

Here's a link to their website > Moon Valley Cyclery

tony

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been in there before, as I live right around the corner. Pretty friendly guys but not too much merchandise. Though in reality they are going to make most of their money off tune-ups/repairs and tubes anyway.

·
Let'er Buck
239 Posts
Good to hear great service.

I keep meaning to stop in there, hopefully I can make one of the sunday rides in the near future.

Thanks for posting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts