Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bet Dave could design a pretty terrific 20" if he wasn't so darn busy with the d-dubya RFX:thumbsup:

Anyway, I picked this up from Bikeworks for around $365. This is way more suitable for a quick romp in the Foothills. Geared 1x7, nice wide tires, and a fork that is actually rather supple for what it is ( I may need to open up for a look-see:D ). Anyway the little dude loved it, and I know if T made one lots of little homers would be loving life as Tye was today.

Sweet little frame and fairly lightweight.

It was much better through the rocks and on the climbs than the Intense mini...

fork

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
It always surprises me that more high end brands don't have kids bikes. I know i'd probably be brand loyal if I had a turner as a kid, especially if I got to grow up talking to the guys who make my bike - talk about something thats cool! Guess the money just isn't there for "made in the US" kids bikes. It would be pretty cool to see DT's response to this one, since he gets to see the actual numbers. I know I'm not really pumped on most of the kids bike offerings out there - yah, they get kids on bikes, but they could be so much better then a 15 pound steel 20 inch frame!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
That's awseome!!!

I'm sure Turner could put out a kiddie bike if they actually made frames, but they farm then out (not bashing Turner here). I'm sure when Turner disigns a frame and sends the drawing off to Sapa he has to purchase "X" amount of frames. Who wants to go out on that limb?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
That's awseome!!!

I'm sure Turner could put out a kiddie bike if they actually made frames, but they farm then out (not bashing Turner here). I'm sure when Turner disigns a frame and sends the drawing off to Sapa he has to purchase "X" amount of frames. Who wants to go out on that limb?
Why on earth would anybody pay Turner prices for a bike the kid will abuse and outgrown in a few years? They wouldn't. That's why there are precious few "boutique" kids frames.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
That's not flexy... This is:

Playdough... One of my buds made it while his mini-he was napping.

I love watching kids take on the trails the focus on their faces says it all.
They grow up fast. Mine turned 10 and started riding her mom's bike.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
MightySchmoePong said:
Why on earth would anybody pay Turner prices for a bike the kid will abuse and outgrown in a few years? They wouldn't. That's why there are precious few "boutique" kids frames.
I see people on this forum get rid of frames faster than a kid would take to out grow one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sweeeet Thread!!!

Nephews: :D
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

What my son will be on when he is 18 months + :thumbsup:
Wheel Tire Bicycle Helmet Bicycle helmet

Oh, and as for the question: I agree with the brand loyalty comment, but economies of scale play a big role in trying to capture this segment of the market.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
bond007jms said:
Nephews: :D
View attachment 422877

View attachment 422878

What my son will be on when he is 18 months + :thumbsup:
View attachment 422879

Oh, and as for the question: I agree with the brand loyalty comment, but economies of scale play a big role in trying to capture this segment of the market.
sure, but how much money/engineering/upfront cost does it take to make a tiny hardtail frame? Even if theres not massive profit, long term brand loyalty from both parents and kids is there. I donno, I know that if it were economically feasible then it'd probably already be done, I'd just love to see how that goes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.