Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tye got a new bike for his b-day yesterday,,,just turned 5yrs. Grandpa Henry and myself split the cost, approx. $365 with tax, for this 20" 1x7 from Giant. Sweet little bike for the price and fairly lightweight. It was much easier for him to romp around in the loose stuff with the wider tires...oh, and 6 more gears:rolleyes: , than the SS BMX that we bought him last year. He still has some aspiration to race BMX someday, but he really enjoys just riding his bike as well. Just thought I would throw out a recommendation on a good bike for the youngons. Bikeworks has them if you are interested.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bsieb said:
And then not so long and you'll be bringing him out here with you and he'll be kicking your ash but being nice about it because he loves his old man!
I actually look forward to him kicking my ash. That way I can pass the torch and quite this nonsense:D

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I actually look forward to him kicking my ash. That way I can pass the torch and quite this nonsense:D
I hear ya man.

My son handles all the family riding honor upholding and I ride with the wombats.

Life is good.

ANY LISTENING WOMBATS:

"Memorial Day, purple iris in the rincon, Kahuna Rock, the red rocks... you are getting very sleepy and you will do as I say... the new rincon overlook which you haven't seen yet and which will blow your mind, a big campfire in the twin springs meadow, the new pump track through the arroyo in the aspens, the faithful groover..." (repeat as necessary)

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bsieb said:
I hear ya man.

My son handles all the family riding honor upholding and I ride with the wombats.

Life is good.

ANY LISTENING WOMBATS:

"Memorial Day, purple iris in the rincon, Kahuna Rock, the red rocks... you are getting very sleepy and you will do as I say... the new rincon overlook which you haven't seen yet and which will blow your mind, a big campfire in the twin springs meadow, the new pump track through the arroyo in the aspens, the faithful groover..." (repeat as necessary)
I'm not a Wombat, but I seem to have been tranced!:crazy:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Very cool man.

Glad to see him hitting the dirt jumps already. He must have got the hang of changing gears or is just a bad a$$ to climb that steep dirt jump.

Did he climb from the parking lot to the DJs?

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Negative, even with the lower gears he couldn't make the last push up by the water tank. He did negotiate the ST to the Dj's no problem. He can shift down, but not up. I am going to tinker with it today and see if I can make it a little smoother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.