Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just posted on FB about my poor bike's suspected freehub problem. Here it is almost 8PM on Sunday night and someone logged in for the shop is actually asking me about what specifically is going on with it. :thumbsup:

All I can say is that someone's on their way to getting some good beer at least!!!

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out it was the owner Fred who caught my post mostly by accident and responded. Seth (shop wrench), Fred, and I discussed the symptoms and are thinking it's highly likely that it's the Mavic Freehub Squeal, but they'll make sure it isn't a brake housing or bearing just in case.

The sad part is that this isn't sufficient excuse yet to get a matching set of hand built Hope Pro II/Arch hoops like husby. I did get to see WarMonkey's new DT Swiss/Arch wheelset that's almost finished though... and thus the 'X degrees of biker separation in Kittitas County' game continues. :D

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've had a bunch of stuff going on so the first chance I had to take the bike in was today. Seth called me a few hours later to say that as soon as he'd gotten the hub undone, the plastic bushing literally crumbled right in front of him. !!! Fortunately I'm not going to be completely broke after this fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.