Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, no spam here, just wanted to make sure you check out Bikeface in upstate NY (aka Whiteface) and let you know that Mike is a heck of a guy. He's been working his butt off to save the mountain for DH riding from the usual suspects who'd sooner chase us away and crush our sport, meanwhile he's doing all he can to build the business and the trails. Daily passes are reasonable at $25/day, season passes are an absolute steal at $125. Again, no spam intended. I have no affiliation at all, in fact I'm 5 hrs away, but Mike's a good guy and he's doing good work to grow and promote DH. Of course it's not all charity here. From what I've seen and heard Bikeface is top notch. With the right support it has the potential to be one of the top DH destinations in the East. Check it out next season.

http://www.highpeaksma.com/wf_biking.asp

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mike's an awesome dude and Whiteface is a great mountain with so much potential...If only they could magically move the mtn. out of the Adirondack Park and all it's regulations and away from being run by New York State and all its freakin' bureaucracy!

PS: Mike's a pretty good racer, too - took 3rd in his 1st race ever at Platty this November!

·
I like air!
915 Posts
I met Mike at Diablo with his crew he drove down with during the last race of the Diablo Domination and he was really cool. I plan on making at least one trip up there next season but before I met him I wasnt even aware of what they had going up there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.