Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before, I adjusted my seat height before each ride to either a normal height for XC riding or 1.5" lower for trail riding and I tought a dropper post would allow me to switch height on the fly with the additionnal ability to completely drop the seat in very technical sections. So I bought a a Fall Line R dropper post from 9point8 that I tried today and I'm very disappointed that almost impossible to set it to a mid stroke position while riding the bike. And when I though I had the position right, you found not long after that it's a little to high or too low. :-(

So, I'm now wondering if I should have bought a dropper post with fixed positions (like the Command IRCC from specialized)!?!?!?

Do you set your at different heights or just use it either full extended / compressed?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,212 Posts
Not even sure what you are asking. I very rarely use any of my droppers to set "intermediate heights", even though they are capable of doing it. When that is the case, I find my infinite-position droppers work just fine for it. I think this is the experience of most people with droppers, that the infinite drop posts work great.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Although i prefer 3 position posts, i suspect it's because that's what i'm accustomed to. Like jayem, i almost never use the intermediate height setting... but i like knowing exactly how high the post is when i use it. (exclusively for technical climbs)

10 years ago i needed to drop my saddle a lot more than i do now- longer modern bikes are easier to ride at full seat post extension.

To each his own, though. Both styles have their advantages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.