Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
First-Standard water bottle bosses on the bottom of the down tube just north of the crank

Second-Why on earth would you need a quick release on a lefty, I find it much quicker to change flats/tires by simply leaving the wheel attached.:p

·
Like catnip for people
401 Posts
^ never thought of that! LOL

I think it would be pretty hard to have quick release on the lefty because the disc brake is used as a secondary holding device... You have to hex the brake to remove the wheel anyway. And it's no more effort to loosen the lefty...It can be a bit of a pain (I've had to remove it a few times to put the bike INSIDE the car) I need to buy a bike rack.

I think you'd be quite happy with a Prophet! I sure am...

·
Registered
795 Posts
To take it off, seconds. But you also have to remove the caliper assembly for the disc break, and for transport you'd have to deal with that dangling. On the plus side you don't need to deal with navigating around or opening up rim breaks.

According to the manual, when you put it back on you're suppose to wipe off the spindle and regrease it, then torque to 113 in. lbs.
So to put it back on "by the books" you'd need a towel, grease, and a torque wrench.
Still only takes a few minutes though. I'm not sure how critical that stuff is - I defer to the more experienced leftyologists here for that.

·
Registered
415 Posts
no need to totally remove the caliper, just loosen the top bolt and back out the bottom one so it hinges up to remove the wheel. No need to regrease if the grease is in good shape and in the right spots. After a few times you'll get the feel for the right torque with a hex wrench.

Get the Prophet and a Camel Back:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Since those water bottle mounts are so low on the down tube, I mounted my cage to the top one only, then used a zip tie on the top part of the cage. That gets the water bottle a few inches higher up on the down tube, out of the way so it can't get bashed when going over obstacles.

Get the prophet, you won't regret it!!!
LEFTIES RULE!!!

·
huh?
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info, i'll have to read on the website to remove the caliper, i don't remember what it looks like. its funny, i got an email back from cdale saying because it is a full sus there is no spot for a cage. weird. i really liked the way it rode, it's edging out the devinci remix sl. the lefty is like butter, nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.