Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they make Camelbaks, I want it for the battery for my lights. The problem is I have the old Vista lights with the nightstick battery. They make a bracket to bolt onto the waterbottle holes that holds two nightsticks. Even if the cables running underneath weren't a problem Im not real comfortable with the batteries being almost on the ground. I can definetely see mauling the nightsticks on a huge rock or log. Any suggestions? Should I just buy different lights or use duct tape every night ride? Im guessing I shouldn't drill into the frame even though the bike is used meaning I have no frame waranty anyway.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
siv said:
I know they make Camelbaks, I want it for the battery for my lights. The problem is I have the old Vista lights with the nightstick battery. They make a bracket to bolt onto the waterbottle holes that holds two nightsticks. Even if the cables running underneath weren't a problem Im not real comfortable with the batteries being almost on the ground. I can definetely see mauling the nightsticks on a huge rock or log. Any suggestions? Should I just buy different lights or use duct tape every night ride? Im guessing I shouldn't drill into the frame even though the bike is used meaning I have no frame waranty anyway.
I've got the same batteries. I just wrap with bubble wrap and duct tape to the frame.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,476 Posts
They make the threaded rivnut inserts you need. Line it up nice and straight by eye, use the bottle cage as a template for hole spacing, and drill away. You wont hurt anything, but just for giggles, I would stay near the middle of whatever tube you choose. Note, you have no warranty on the frame, and you must proceed at your own risk.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I don't know if this would work with the night stick bracket, but I mounted my water bottle cage such that the cage's bottom hole is the top mounting hole on the frame, then secured the top part of the water bottle cage with zip tie. (did that make sense?)

That moved the cage up far enough on the down tube that it doesn't bash on anything.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
racerzero said:
I've got the same batteries. I just wrap with bubble wrap and duct tape to the frame.
Im new to these batteries and was wondering how you know when they are done charging. Also, how will a 5, 10 or 15 watt lamp affect the burn time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.