Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07' Prophet 5, I would like a shorter stem. What are my options? Keep in mind there are clearance issues with the Lefty strut. A link or two would be fabulous! Thanks.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
what are the #'s on the stem?

it will be something like 10020318 or such. This # is a 100mm stem with a 20deg rise, and a 31.8 clamp. Get it?

Once we know that, what are you trying to do? keep the same rise, but come back? Up andf Back? down and back? by how much/little?

Get it? it may take a few posts, but you will find the right stem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damion said:
it will be something like 10020318 or such. This # is a 100mm stem with a 20deg rise, and a 31.8 clamp. Get it?

Once we know that, what are you trying to do? keep the same rise, but come back? Up andf Back? down and back? by how much/little?

Get it? it may take a few posts, but you will find the right stem.

So, 90mm stem with 5 degrees rise and a 31.8 clamp.

What I want is the shortest stem possible. I don't mind a bit of rise as long as it's not excessive. As long as it clears the rebound knob on the lefty I'll be happy. Oh. another thing, I would like to be sure it fits the steerer. I purchased a stem off ebay a while back and although it says on the stem that it is onepointfive AND has a Cannondale logo it did not fit, too small of a opening.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
You were close.

Doc D said:

So, 90mm stem with 5 degrees rise and a 31.8 clamp.

What I want is the shortest stem possible. I don't mind a bit of rise as long as it's not excessive. As long as it clears the rebound knob on the lefty I'll be happy. Oh. another thing, I would like to be sure it fits the steerer. I purchased a stem off ebay a while back and although it says on the stem that it is onepointfive AND has a Cannondale logo it did not fit, too small of a opening.
What you bought is a 1.5 stem that came off of a Gemini with a Sherman at some point.

Well, now you know what you are looking for.

Try www.mendoncyclesmith.com Craig may have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.