Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading mbr and they had a prophet sl with 120mm travel at each end, any word? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
172 Posts
ha....in switzerland first !!??

fossyy said:
Just been reading mbr and they had a prophet sl with 120mm travel at each end, any word? :confused: :confused:
I was in my lbs last night in the pokey little town of Nyon and waaa laaa....they were just in the process of putting the finishing touches to the assembly of one. Looked very sweet but am not sure of the yellow go faster stripes it had on the down tube. Other than that XTR plastered all over it, Cross max, carbon FSA bar....the works.

Its not released here yet, this was being prepared for one of the shop owners.

They are trying to sell it at approx 7500 US$ in local currency. Good luck to them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Prophet 1000SL

If everything goes as planned the Prophet 1000Sl that I ordered for my girlfriend will be ready on saterday, so I will be able to post some pictures en some first impressions.

DD

·
Registered
134 Posts
hai DD
what is the price of that bike
I am also looking for a bike for the miss. Can a women easily ride a 'man'bike like the prophet?

·
Registered
75 Posts
girls bike ??

If you take a small size bike with a shorter and a little steeper stem and it must be right for a "girl".

Prophet prices: Dutch

All Mountain

Prophet 3000 SL RAW 5.099 euro

Prophet 1000 SL WHT 3.299 euro

Prophet 700 SL BLU 2.699 euro

Prophet 500 SL RED,BLK 1.799 euro

DD

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Prophet SL for US?

Does anyone know if the Prophet SL will be sold in North America? The rumor is that these are Euro only bikes. I like the Prophet a lot but an SL version would make more sense for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome bike

*Double Dutch* said:
Just got it ...

Accept of the marta's everything is stock..and the weight is 12.4 KG

Looks good/ feels good

Later ..after a few rides some more comments.

DD
Awesome bike, can you tell me what market is the bike aimed at and is it a light enough bike to replace scapel for cc races or is it aimed at 12/24 hr races which is what i need a bike for, also is this the supposed "darwin"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Europe only

fossyy said:
Awesome bike, can you tell me what market is the bike aimed at and is it a light enough bike to replace scapel for cc races or is it aimed at 12/24 hr races which is what i need a bike for, also is this the supposed "darwin"
They (lbs) told me that the Prophet Sl is aimed at the european market because cannondale thought the 140MM of the "normal" Prophet is not that appreciated in XC europe.
They also told me that the Darwin is still in development.
If you take the 1000sl and switch the fork for the 110MMcarbonDLR and switch the weels
for some crossmax SL's and add some more "SL" parts you could have a 11KG bike.
The scalpel will still be a lighter and a better XC racer but if you like some more comfort it is a good option specialy for the 12/24 hours races you did mention.
Two weeks ago I did choose for my Prophet2000 instead of my Scalpel on a 4 hour marathontraining on a "bumpy" trail.

DD

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice Bike,but What Is Up With The "nascar" Looking Paint Scheme??? :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
nascar

I also don't understand what 's the link between nascars and mountainbikes but maybe thats because I'm Dutch :D maybe one of the US guys can explain this link.

it's my girlfriends bike and she's happy with the colors so..... :D

DD

·
Can't stop the Prophet
237 Posts
Danil14 you are replying to a 5 year old post, you may not receive an answer. Try searching the forum as someone may have already asked this question. If not start a new thread and you should have an answer soon enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a Prophet SL too. I've never seen anywhere what the maximum fork length you can get away with is. I think they usually came with a Lefty DLR2 speed 110. Whether the extra length of a lefty max will be too much for the frame i don't know! I'd guess it'll be safe in XC mode but you might be taking a risk with the bike in FR mode?

·
Registered
91 Posts
*Double Dutch* said:
Just got it ...

Accept of the marta's everything is stock..and the weight is 12.4 KG

Looks good/ feels good

Later ..after a few rides some more comments.

DD
Nice bike and even nicer garden area Double D.

Moe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts