Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Race Face Deus crankset and an XTR 2007 front derailleur (e-type). I installed the spacers as noted in Race Face's instructions. 1 on the non-drive side and 1 on the drive side plus the e-type front derailleur bracket. The instructions clearly state that the spacer on the drive side must go against the bottom bracket shell of the frame and then the front derailleur bracket should go on (followed by the drive side bottom bracket cup). I did this and what happened was the smallest chainring on my crankset (24T) was rubbing up against the XTR derailleur bracket when I would screw in the crank bolt. Obviously this chainring should not be hitting the derailleur e-bracket. But I followed the directions for a 68MM BB shell with a E-Type FD. What do I do now? Thanks for you help.:madman:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Swap the spacer around. I don't remember how the spacers are on my Prohpet (with XT cranks). Also double check the vertical position of the derailleur. The E-type have two different positions that can be adjusted by removing a screw and flipping a small piece around. For clearer info, it is probably on the Shimano site.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Marclan said:
the Deus cranks are the same specs as the XT crankset. Thanks anyway.
I have a 2005 XT E-type derailleur with a 2006 XT Crankset with the same spacer settings as you have. Works fine.

Got to be your derailluer or crankset as the frame position would have no effect on your problem.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I'm not sure about the 2007 XTR but previous years XTR e-types were not the same as XT and other e-types. It might still be the case so, like myarmisonfire said, swap the spacers around until it works out. It might be a good idea to compare the mounting procedures of a XT compared with the XTR to see if they require different spacer setups. Also, the derailleur has to be on the lowest position on it's bracket but that doesn't change the lateral alignement at all...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.