Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Riiiiiide...
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the Cannondale website, all Prophets have adjustable head tube angles of 69 and 67.5 degrees, regardless of US or EU models. Can somebody pleeease tell me why my buddies 2009 Prophet has 67 and 65.5 written on the frame??

·
Registered
795 Posts
Didn't one of the other models have 67/65.5 option?
I don't recall if it was the Gemini - but kinda recall a beefier downhill with delta V style frame looking like a prophet, but with that geo option...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it might have something to do with the spacer they added to provide clearance for the fork. Just like putting a high stack lower cup headset on it... I saw it at the store today - I think it was about 20 mm. That way they certainly go over the limit of 530 mm with the pikes that was the highest a/c lenght for the older prophets. Did they beef up the frame at the front for the last MY. Probably not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took me a while...

I have a 2007 prophet mx2 and it's marked the same as your buddy's. Maybe the previous owner switched some parts and didn't tell him?

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I was told that this was on frames that are made for slalom racing. Maybe some got shipped out along with the regular prophet MX frames....

·
Just a flesh wound
2,369 Posts
Preference

I've always loved the 69 HEAD angle, if you know what I mean ..nudge, nudge, wink ,wink!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts