Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got an '05 Prophet 600, with the Lefty Max 140 fork on it. To say I'm not happy with this fork, would be an understatement. For my weight, 210 lbs., the fork has no small bump compliance, but it works good on bigger hits. With the lighter spring installed, it worked just the opposite. I live out in Az, where the trails are hardpacked, over more hardpack, and ride everything from trails to some smaller drop-off's. Less than 4 feet, usually.

I started looking at swapping out the fork, for a conventional model, but I'm very confused by all the choices out there. Where the hell do I even start looking? I'm very happy with the air shock in the rear, but have no idea what to put up front. Any ideas? I'd like to stay under $500.00 and around 140mm of travel, if possible.

·
Registered
556 Posts
kevhogaz said:
Hi all, I've got an '05 Prophet 600, with the Lefty Max 140 fork on it. To say I'm not happy with this fork, would be an understatement. For my weight, 210 lbs., the fork has no small bump compliance, but it works good on bigger hits. With the lighter spring installed, it worked just the opposite. I live out in Az, where the trails are hardpacked, over more hardpack, and ride everything from trails to some smaller drop-off's. Less than 4 feet, usually.

I started looking at swapping out the fork, for a conventional model, but I'm very confused by all the choices out there. Where the hell do I even start looking? I'm very happy with the air shock in the rear, but have no idea what to put up front. Any ideas? I'd like to stay under $500.00 and around 140mm of travel, if possible.
I put a PIke on my Jekyll. Good fork with the right amount of travel. See if you can get a Cannondale headset reducer that way you can keep using the Cannondale bearings. Your going to have to buy a new wheel too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.