Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Prophet 600. I get a weird rubbing under power in low gears. Not all the time. Just sometimes. I'm running a wideish tire, but I need to.

Perhaps X Type BB crankset will push the chain line out some..

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Also check dish.

Have the shop check the dish on the wheel, as well.

You may have to trim some knobs on that side of the tire. If you have to, use dikes, and not a razor blade. Safer for you and the tire.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAVID J said:
mine did the same thing in the granny gear.check the front derailleur,mine was alittle too close to the tire.fwiw i have a 2.2 spec enduro on the back.
I'd give that a shot but I want to upgrade the cranks anyway, so I can push the chain line out a bit in the process. I'm thinking XT's or RF Atlas cranks with the X type BB's. I've had this problem with other bikes and cured it with a chain guide but I don't want the weight this time.

I liked running a 2.25 f&r, but I LOVE running a 2.6 F, 2.3 R in the 67.5d HA mode. The thing is so damn stable. :D Need a shorter stem now too. Woodman makes some nice ones.

See ya out there!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MendonCycleSmith said:
I'm going with all these thoughts too. I have a 2.3, and have no rubbing, ever. Good luck!
Which cranks are you running? XT? If so, are there any special considerations when running E Type front ders with the new XTs?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
edge said:
Which cranks are you running? XT? If so, are there any special considerations when running E Type front ders with the new XTs?
I've got the FSA carbons. There are no tricks, waiting in the wings, that I am aware of, just that you need a spacer on the drive side of the BB (behind the e plate) and the spacer behind the E plate and frame mount point too. But, that said, any bike that came from them, with a shimano crank and bb would be set up this way. Cheers!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the same problem on my Prohpet with WTB Weirwolf 2.5"

It's not the chain rubbing but tip of the front der. Mine only does it under heavy pedealing, I think the wheel swingarm combo flexes just enough to let it rub.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
raelx said:
I have the same problem on my Prohpet with WTB Weirwolf 2.5"

It's not the chain rubbing but tip of the front der. Mine only does it under heavy pedealing, I think the wheel swingarm combo flexes just enough to let it rub.
I think that may be it. The front der gets mighty close when in the granny. Damn...

·
Registered
351 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
I've got the FSA carbons. There are no tricks, waiting in the wings, that I am aware of, just that you need a spacer on the drive side of the BB (behind the e plate) and the spacer behind the E plate and frame mount point too. But, that said, any bike that came from them, with a shimano crank and bb would be set up this way. Cheers!
Is there a C-Dale tech document that shows how many spacers & on which sides of the BB shell they go when installing Shimano XT M760 cranksets?

I've been having a a lot of FD adjustment issues on my Prophet lately & suspect that the LBS wrench incorrectly installed my crankset spacers when he replaced my swingarm a month ago.

Thanks,
Elzippo

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Elzippo said:
Is there a C-Dale tech document that shows how many spacers & on which sides of the BB shell they go when installing Shimano XT M760 cranksets?

I've been having a a lot of FD adjustment issues on my Prophet lately & suspect that the LBS wrench incorrectly installed my crankset spacers when he replaced my swingarm a month ago.

Thanks,
Elzippo
Hey, there is none that I am aware of. But, it would be identical to whatever Shimano says it should be, there is no derivation from OEM set-up. That said, it should have 1 spacer behind the e-plate on the BB shell, and one tiny one, (hard to see) between the plate and your seattube. For what it's worth, the LBS would only have to pull the crank to do what you had done, the BB would be un-touched, unless they had reason to pull the BB, which you would know more about than I=:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.