Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
k1dude said:
I posted this under General Discussion as well.

I read the Prophet 1000 review on www.feedthehabit.com and they mentioned "Noticeable brake-jack robs braking power". Has anyone else noticed brake jack on their Prophets? How bad is it?
You may want to see this discussion: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=91272 I seem to have it, but it looks as if I'm in the minority... hope this helps! I love it all the same :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to your thread.

It's something else I hadn't been aware of.

But my question has more to do with rear triangle brake-jack. I assume it's most likely due to the mono-pivot design. But I wanted to hear if it was minimal on the Prophet or if it is really bad. I know some mono-pivot designs seem to mitigate the problem pretty well. Is the Prophet one of the good or bad designs?

·
Registered
78 Posts
k1dude said:
It's something else I hadn't been aware of.

But my question has more to do with rear triangle brake-jack. I assume it's most likely due to the mono-pivot design. But I wanted to hear if it was minimal on the Prophet or if it is really bad. I know some mono-pivot designs seem to mitigate the problem pretty well. Is the Prophet one of the good or bad designs?
My Mistake! I misunderstood :p I've never encountered any problem with rear brake-jack, but I run my SPV at high pressure. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I haven't noticed any brake jack, which puts it ahead of most mono-pivot bikes I've ridden. I'd guess it has more to do with improper suspension set-up. I also run my SPV at the c-dale recommended settings.

k1dude said:
I posted this under General Discussion as well.

I read the Prophet 1000 review on www.feedthehabit.com and they mentioned "Noticeable brake-jack robs braking power". Has anyone else noticed brake jack on their Prophets? How bad is it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.