Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor just got his Prophet and mine should be in later this week but I'm a little concerned because I can't find any water bottle mounts. Does anyone have ideas on mounting any?

Thanks
Adam

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
There are mounts under the the frame, just above the bottom bracket, not very convenient but that's it. Most use a Camelbak, I like that better than bottles. There is supposed to be normal bottle mounts in 2006. Apparently, a change of the design late in the process is the reason for no convenient mounts...

·
cannondale rider
162 Posts
howd did you do the carbon fiber mount. it looks really good. i would be interested in doing that or buying one if your selling them. also, what did your friend do. it looks like there some kind of tie. i also was upset about the lack of mounts so i bought a camelback, although i like waterbottles better

·
Registered
172 Posts
Pedro K said:
Those look like some good solutions, i just bought this last night, i let you know how it works, it lets clip a water bottle cage anywhere on the bike, so im going to try it on the seatpost and the handlebars.
I am guessing that the support arm will rotate, if not how can you snap it to the seat post ?? If it does rotate it looks like a good solution.

I checked the web site and the also have some more permanant (ie without quick release) but my questions there is the same: does the mount rotate ?

Anybody know ??

PS My friend has a bike shop and he has tried to fit a sideways-entry bottle holder under the shock but it wont fit (with bottle) on the smaller bikes (S & M).

·
Registered
132 Posts
gmt said:
Hi,
here 2 solution.

On my Prophet and on friend's Prophet (carbon solution home made !!!).
A totally unrelated question. In the last photo, the Prophet has a black swingarm and balck and white CDale stcikers on the (galvanized) frame - I like the look but have never seen it before. What model prophet is the bike and how did you get the paint job???

Thanks in advance

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Roger9 said:
A totally unrelated question. In the last photo, the Prophet has a black swingarm and balck and white CDale stcikers on the (galvanized) frame - I like the look but have never seen it before. What model prophet is the bike and how did you get the paint job???

Thanks in advance
It's not the galvanized, it's the Team Replica color, also available on the Prophet 1000 in Europe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Roger9 said:

Thanks in advance
It's a European Prophet 1000 with original stickers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
eighty-aid switzerland said:
Congratulation, thats the solution i've been wating for. Where can i get such Carbon Bottlecages from and how much are they?
Hi,
at the moment u can't purchase it.
It's a "home-made" product of a friend of mine, if will be sold I will tell something here on the forum.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bottlecage for Switzerland

gmt said:
Hi,
at the moment u can't purchase it.
It's a "home-made" product of a friend of mine, if will be sold I will tell something here on the forum.

Have a nice day.
thanks for the massage, i think there'll be quite a market for those bottlecages for all these desparate prophet riders here in switzerland. let me know if there is something gooing on with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.