Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding one of these? I have come across a used one for sale with the Marzocchi Rocco rear shock. The owner said it pedals without any bob, which is hard to believe considering the Rocco has no pedalling platform and the Prophet is a sp. I used to have a Gemini. It is possible though. I am not able to test ride it, so I have no idea.

Anyways, I was considering adding a front derailleur and using this as a trail rig. After looking at the geo of the frame, it seems to be the same as the other Prophet frames, except for the rocco and thru 12 rear axle.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
ronny said:
Anyone riding one of these? I have come across a used one for sale with the Marzocchi Rocco rear shock. The owner said it pedals without any bob, which is hard to believe considering the Rocco has no pedalling platform and the Prophet is a sp. I used to have a Gemini. It is possible though. I am not able to test ride it, so I have no idea.

Anyways, I was considering adding a front derailleur and using this as a trail rig. After looking at the geo of the frame, it seems to be the same as the other Prophet frames, except for the rocco and thru 12 rear axle.

Any thoughts?
What size are you looking to get? The Rocco rubs when in the FR setting and is very heavy compared to an air shock. For trail use the Prophet really should be setup with an air shock.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
powersusa said:
What size are you looking to get? The Rocco rubs when in the FR setting and is very heavy compared to an air shock. For trail use the Prophet really should be setup with an air shock.
I am currently looking into a used 4X Team Replica with the Rocco. I am trying to get some opinions from those who have tried one out. I just got off the phone with a local Cannondale dealer who has been on the new 4X with the Rocco and he told me that he would have no qualms with using the 06 4X for trail riding.

Does the Rocco rub in FR setting on the 4X model or the regular Prophet? Something else to look into.

The owner of the bike says the Rocco is bob free, until you stand and mash and it is not prone to bottoming.

I think I can believe the two people I have talked to so far about the Rocco, because why would Cannondale spec a shock that is going to bob and bottom out on a bike, that is going to be abused and jumped on various 4X courses. Efficiency is key when racing. I think I heard that the Rocco was valved specifically for the 4X model. I am not sure though.

Keep the responses rolling.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I will be getting it.

powersusa said:
I would be getting a medium. According to the Cannondale website anyways.

I was just talking to the owner of the bike again and it turns out that the Team Replica, is not a Team Replica after all. The XO shifter, XO rear derailleur, E-13 chain guide, handlebars, rear wheel, and who knows what else, hav been changed out for cheaper parts. The rear wheel is apparently dented also. The brakes have been upgraded to Juicy 7s front and back, but this bike is clearly not a 4X Team Replica. I haven't seen any pics yet. I am not very interested anymore, as most of the nice bits are gone (The carbon lefty is still on the bike) and the condition of the bike does not seem to match what the ad states.

WHY don't people mention these things in their ads to begin with???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.