Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to purchase a brown, 1000, but had a couple questions. How are the rear hubs holding up, i've had great luck for the past 3 years with cannondale experts, but understand the new fire hubs are produced by a different company(formula?). Also how are the x7 shifters holding up, is it worth the upgrade to x9's. thanks

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Shifters...

jm03 said:
I'm just about to purchase a 1000... how are the x7 shifters holding up, is it worth the upgrade to x9's. thanks
My x7 are holding up great, have not heard any durability issues, but they have not been out that long. x9s are the same, but aluminum in place of plastic for much of the shifter, flexes less, feels less plasticky than the x7. Cannondales are shipping with '04 shifters, still, 05 have some nice ugrades like shorter reach/throw to the levers. '04s have 3 bolts holding the shells together '05s have 4 bolts if you want to double check.

Even so, I find it hard to justify upgrading my x7s. I am waiting for '06 X0 triggers anyway, that is another story.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had the same question about upgrading the shifters when I bought my 1000. From what I could find there is very little (if any) performance difference between the x7 and x9. I've stuck with the x7's and have no complaints. They work great. I was riding XT dual controls last year and much prefer the SRAM system. As for the hubs, I've experienced no problems, but again it's a new bike - ask again in a year or 2. :D

jm03 said:
I'm just about to purchase a brown, 1000, but had a couple questions. How are the rear hubs holding up, i've had great luck for the past 3 years with cannondale experts, but understand the new fire hubs are produced by a different company(formula?). Also how are the x7 shifters holding up, is it worth the upgrade to x9's. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.