Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm super stoked! :D:):thumbsup::D

took gigi out to a trail i've only been on once before...think rolling hills...now think rolling hills with boulders embedded in them...now make those hills not-so-rolling (steeper)...that's the trail...techical ups and downs...literally feels like you're going uphill both ways!

the last time i was there i was on the crappy HT...and i got worked pretty bad...i was pretty bruised and bloody at the end...some pretty neat bruises too...i kept getting those 'oh honey, is your boyfriend beating you?' looks from people! :p

this time, we took a different route...straight down, and then straight back up back to the car...but...different bike and different rider...didn't fall once...ok...fell once...but it was while i was goofing off waiting for someone, so it doesn't count...and i made it up some really technical uphills i have never cleared before...as i was riding them and i couldn't believe i was making it! :D very cool! :thumbsup: and there were a couple of uphills that were totally hike a bike, and i could not believe i rode down them and made it :)...and all i have to say is gigi rocks on the rocks!!! :thumbsup::) ...and so do i! :D

not only that, but i caught some awesome air on the downhills! that's pretty new in my biking repetoire also...and boy was it fun! :) now i really want an rfx! :yesnod:

i didn't take too many pics...what can i say...i'm still a homer in training...but i will definitely take more next time i go out there...and maybe one day i'll get good enough to take pictures of myself riding (a la BZ) :). but here are a couple:

1) view from the trail
2) rock garden section...like butta, baby! :) :thumbsup:
View attachment 216561
View attachment 216562

·
Displaying UGI Symptoms
184 Posts
Congrats dHarriet - your stoke is contagious! You'll be movin on up to a Highline soon. Did you power a McGriddle for the pre-ride work out? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sounds fun! Who or what is "gigi?" I'm guessing it's your 5 Spot perhaps? Flux? Maybe I've missed previously posted pics. You're in Phx, AZ right? We're headed back to your neck of the woods for New Years to ride some more of your trails. Can't wait.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
murphie - sorry...no mcgriddles :nono:...i maintain my original position...eeeeewwwww!...just some good ol' fashioned oatmeal! :D

JOD - gigi would be my flux...i'm a dork...i name my bikes, cars...all modes of transportation...i'm in tucson...but same type of riding...sharp rocks loose gravel...really fun to ride now that i'm not falling as much! :thumbsup::D

·
Registered
668 Posts
dHarriet said:
murphie - sorry...no mcgriddles
Don't knock them til you've tried 'em. There's syrup INJECTED into the pancake/bun. It's breakfast food at it's technological pinnacle.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DLine said:
There's syrup INJECTED into the pancake/bun. It's breakfast food at it's technological pinnacle.
yowsa! :yikes: i thought was a crumpet with an M stamped into it...it's a pancake? with syrup INJECTED into it? :eek: and you think this is a good thing? :eek:ut: i just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Congrats Dh, I dig that rocky stuff, Nice shot over the wheel! (good use of the fill-flash)
Yeah, get a little speed and all of a sudden yer thinking of an RFX... Homeritis, absolutely. Ever notice, sooner or later most people end up with more than one Turner?:D

Hey, next time you pack your camera, bring one of these. They weigh next to nothing and make taking shots way easy!

BTW, I named my bikes too... Huck' and Flo' :thumbsup: :cornut:

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Hey dH, looks like fun and cool terrain, more pics of you riding next time please :)

·
Obsessed
141 Posts
trailadvent said:
BZ! Huck & FO:madman::nono: dude you been blinded by bling naming yr bike FO:D

He dosen't even have a GD whats up with that:eek:
You misread. He named them F--- and Ho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.