Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
sponger said:
At no point was I justifying her behavior. I'm not saying that people should grin and bear it when other people act belligerently or in an otherwise uncalled-for manner.

What I'm saying is that her behavior is atypical for the female gender under those circumstances (i.e., alone and in the woods). In an area where there's a lot of people, women are more adept to being verbally abusive toward males because they know they'll be protected under the chivalry clause.

That's why I thought there was possibly something beneath the surface which prompted said outburst. A woman would have to really be in a certain state of mind to tangle with some dude out in the woods. She would have to be thinking impulsively. What would cause that impulsiveness? Maybe she felt "empowered" by her mountain bike. That's all I'm saying here.
Hmm, at first I thought you don't have clue what you're talking about and then I realized I don't understand the point you making. At 6'5" and 240lbs I've never had to worry about dodgy folks out in the middle of nowhere. I've never really had to worry about what if. Sure I've been concerned about what if I crash 50 miles from civilization and how do I get home, but never really about the people I meet.

I guess if you are someone concerned about who you may meet out on the trail and what their intentions could be, then a brief escape from those concerns while in the midst of a mountain bike rush could well be very empowering.

Cheers for the different point of view.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.