Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a period-correct aluminum handlebar for this bike. It would be nice if I can find something just a bit wider than the Answer Hyperlite that I used to ride on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
A Bontrager bar would be "correct." However, they only came in 560mm width (which is about 22 inches), so you might not like them.

They came in Comp, Race, Race Lite, and Titanium versions. I have a couple of extra "Race" bars, but they're a bit narrow for me. I prefer a 23 inch bars.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Try to find one of the bontrager bar/stem combos. Its correct, neat and not too rare on ebay.

They are typically a hyperlite bonded and riveted into a bontrager steel stem. Search the earlier thread. There is one dealing with the replacement of the bar.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No....I ended up not being able to part with my wheelset so sent the bike's original 1" threaded Rockshox out to Hippie Suspension for a rebuild and put my vintage Salsa quill stem back on. Going to roll it like that.

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
sklein said:
No....I ended up not being able to part with my wheelset so sent the bike's original 1" threaded Rockshox out to Hippie Suspension for a rebuild and put my vintage Salsa quill stem back on. Going to roll it like that.
check your pm's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.