Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new flux frame with the 06 rp3. Can't say I did much research on the shock itself though. I see the rp3 on my frame is the one with the softest factory propedal preset. I haven't ridden a propedal shock before. I'm just wondering with my weight (210 lbs) and plans to race this bike if the firmer factory propedal setting would be better. When ordering the frame from my lbs I wasn't given the option. Did a quick search on the topic. I see there is discussion on the effect of the user selectable propedal settings, but not on the factory preset. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I just got one for my Burner and it has the middle factory setting, from my understanding the bike design dictates which factory setting, not 100% sure on that though.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I'd say ride it for a month or so and then decide if you need a bit more firmness. It probably depends on what bike you are coming off of what your needs will be in terms of desired level of platform. Try it for a while and ride all 3 propedal positions on the knob and go from there.

·
Mr.Secret
635 Posts
For my seat 'o' the shorts feel, anytime I'm on the asphalt I run it in the firm setting. As soon as the front wheel gets a glimpse of the dirt, it's full soft, climbing, desending, sprinting, whatever. The bike is just so well designed ( TNT or HL ) that even without running a platform style shock they just flat out work imo. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts