Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLT2 owners with Fox RP23 Boostvalve shock. When seated, looking down on your top tube, which side is pro pedal, and which side is open? I've been flicking the lever towards right side, where the schrader valve is for descends and to the left for fire road climbs but to be honest with you I can't feel the difference? In fact it feels more plush with the lever to the left when climbing? Is my mind playing tricks on me from the younger psychedelic days?

·
Registered
445 Posts
When you're flipping the lever to propedal, you're working against a very light spring (or something that feels like a very light spring). When you're switching to open, after a little bit of throw the lever will jump the rest of the way for you without anymore pressure.

·
Fence guru
740 Posts
ProPedal

ProPedal Lever
The ProPedal lever allows for on-the-fly ProPedal adjustment. ProPedal damping reduces pedal-induced suspension bob. The two ProPedal lever settings are:
OPEN
PROPEDAL
Use each setting to adjust the shock for different riding conditions and situations. For example, use PROPEDAL for riding to the top of the mountain, and then switch to OPEN for the descent.

To determine which ProPedal position is better for your condition and situation, pedal the bicycle and monitor the shock movement. Switch between positions and select the one that reduces suspension movement most effectively while providing the desired amount of bump absorption.
Because suspension designs and riding skills vary, optimal settings can vary from bike to bike and rider to rider. For more precise ProPedal tuning and to further eliminate pedal-induced bob while maintaining bump compliance, adjust the ProPedal knob. As with the ProPedal lever, switch positions and select a setting that reduces suspension movement most effectively while providing the desired amount of bump absorption.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have an easier way to tell...

The PP position "chirps" when it's engaged :D

...sounds something like "service me", "service me"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts