Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest build. It's my proof of concept build for the SickLines “Do-It-All” Bike Build Guide. It actually weighs in at around 34.1 lbs to about 36.5 lbs depending on tire and tube/tubeless choice. I'd put the build spec in the thread now but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

The article will feature all of the parts that I've chosen for the build. I'm giving a little commentary on each part as well as showing off lots of pictures.

Link to proof of concept article - https://www.sicklines.com/tech/proof-of-concept-do-it-all-bike/

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Lets see a picture of the bike on an actual scale to belive the weight.

If it's a "Do it all" bike the gear range is limiting to alot of trails.

Good looking build.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
shirk said:
Lets see a picture of the bike on an actual scale to belive the weight.

If it's a "Do it all" bike the gear range is limiting to alot of trails.

Good looking build.
http://www.sicklines.com/tech/proof-of-concept-do-it-all-bike/

There is the weight page in there as well (page 6).

You are correct about the gears limiting but a DRS or similar guide can be used instead if you wanted more gearing.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My bad I didn't click on the little picture links yesterday. Figured maybe those weights were "published" not true actual weights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is such a sweet bike. If I'd known it could have been built up so light I never would have bought my 6.6. This is definately on my 'list of bikes to own before I die'.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
I'll bet that Saddle saved you at least 5 pounds.

Can you even sit on that thing?

Sweet bike. Love the Balance w/a 66.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TIMBERRR said:
I'll bet that Saddle saved you at least 5 pounds.

Can you even sit on that thing?

Sweet bike. Love the Balance w/a 66.
LOL it's a common comment. It's actually not that bad to sit on at all. I'm used to running saddles with thin padding so it's not bad to me. It has a lot of flex so it doesn't have a harsh ride really at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts