Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
oooh good ole prompton... this is my "home" bike area. Its about 10 minutes from my house, so i do ride it a lot. It is always muddy there. The main loop is pretty standard from day to day (unless its raining). There is some bad erosion near the end from all the flooding this year. But other than that the trail is in fine riding condition. There is one very small (about 3 feet wide) stream crossing where you have to go down a steep incline and then right back up. It was unride-able until 3 weeks ago when we built it up to be do-able. Other than that, there really aren't any spots that you have to hike-a-bike except the trailhead. Getting into the woods is impossible, so you have to hike for 50 feet. Spring and summer are about the same. always a little wet. I don't mind though its better than the dusty mess that some trails are.

Have you checked out fell mtn in carbondale? I ride there more (its worth the extra 10 minutes in the car)

PS if you want to ride sometime just shoot me an e-mail or PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.