Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A post I found on another thread, for sure feel it is worth a thread on its own.

US Nicolai distributor
Hello everyone.
We are working hard with Karl to become the US distributor for Nicolai. Might be kind of slow this year with the popularity (sold out through April) but we will do our best to get some bikes rolling into the states.We are looking for 2 reps for CA and somebody in the Pacific Northwest and BC
Our website will be updated soon
Thanks,
Niall
EU Cycle Imports

MTBR Handle is: EU Cycle

This is good news from my view point, especially for all the US of A peeps whom want to climb all over a Nicolai... :thumbsup:

Welcome also to the forums Niall...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boone, may have to put your hand up for the mighty PNW..

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
I stumbled into my Nicolai by chance. I only knew of them because of reading about companies who do gear boxes. When I saw one for sale in primo condition for a good price, I picked it up.

That being said, I feel like I might have the only Nicolai in Arizona. I wonder how many are in the US. I imagine it can't be many.

I like the idea that I have a unique bike, but it is cool to hear they could be expanding to the US.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NMPhi767 said:
I stumbled into my Nicolai by chance. I only knew of them because of reading about companies who do gear boxes. When I saw one for sale in primo condition for a good price, I picked it up.

That being said, I feel like I might have the only Nicolai in Arizona. I wonder how many are in the US. I imagine it can't be many.

I like the idea that I have a unique bike, but it is cool to hear they could be expanding to the US.
Yep am sure your Gearbox Nicolai is pretty rare, there are a few in the US of A though.... Likewise in New Zealand ;)

Be keen to see some pictures of your bike, perhaps whip a new thread up about your steed... :thumbsup:

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
Whafe said:
Yep am sure your Gearbox Nicolai is pretty rare, there are a few in the US of A though.... Likewise in New Zealand ;)

Be keen to see some pictures of your bike, perhaps whip a new thread up about your steed... :thumbsup:
Sorry Whafe, I didn't mean to imply I had a Nicolai with a G-Boxx. I only had heard of Nicolai because of an old story on gear boxes in a magazine back in 2004. Otherwise, I would have not really known that the brand even existed and when I came across my UFO this past december, I probably would have just passed it up. To be honest, I didn't even realize until after I bought it that I had purchased a bike that others would consider a "boutique brand."

Point being, few if any people in Arizona know about Nicolai as a brand. Of the few people that do, they just know that they are a high end brand made in Germany and that there is usually a waitlist for anything with a G-Boxx (and sometimes for a frame in general). Still, the ones that do know the brand think it is totally cool that I have it since it is not a brand or frame they ever see, even if it is a much more affordable frame than the other frames in Nicolai's line. They are blown away by the quality of the welds and the workmanship in general. It is a very striking bike.

Anyway, check it out in the UFO set up database.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry my bad, assumps, not good on my part..

Yes they are indeed a great brand, the workmanship is awesome....

The UFO is an awesome frame to, enjoy that bad boy... :thumbsup:

NMPhi767 said:
Sorry Whafe, I didn't mean to imply I had a Nicolai with a G-Boxx. I only had heard of Nicolai because of an old story on gear boxes in a magazine back in 2004. Otherwise, I would have not really known that the brand even existed and when I came across my UFO this past december, I probably would have just passed it up. To be honest, I didn't even realize until after I bought it that I had purchased a bike that others would consider a "boutique brand."

Point being, few if any people in Arizona know about Nicolai as a brand. Of the few people that do, they just know that they are a high end brand made in Germany and that there is usually a waitlist for anything with a G-Boxx (and sometimes for a frame in general). Still, the ones that do know the brand think it is totally cool that I have it since it is not a brand or frame they ever see, even if it is a much more affordable frame than the other frames in Nicolai's line. They are blown away by the quality of the welds and the workmanship in general. It is a very striking bike.

Anyway, check it out in the UFO set up database.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.