Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have misplaced the before pictures and these isn't yet the after picture, but almost there.

The bike needs a shorter stem, I am putting on a silver Titec post, and probably should do away with the kludgy front canti hanger - retrofit from a pair of Judy's. I also might tone down the "flair" I added to the brakes - I am not sure the purple ano works.

The headset is Ultegra and all the other parts are XTR M900. Rims are Mavic 231s and the tires are Hardpack 2.2s.

Happily, picked up the frame and some parts for 200 on a local bulletin board, found the other XTR parts in my old condo - they had been thrown away if you can believe it. Also found the tires there. Sweet.

Attachments

·
1,476 Posts
Nice bike. looks as though it was never used.

A couple questions....What is that hanging from the door knob?
And is that purple tape i see surrounding the seat post?
What did you use , a 27.0?

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hanging from the door knob is a climbing cat toy from Germany. The tape on the seatpost is just to mark the correct height. I am replacing the post with a silver Titec post for the time being and plan to eventually upgrade it, probably to a Syncros or an older IRD if I can find it.

As for you sig, I just picked up a NOS Control Tech 1 1/4 stem 135mm w/ 5 degree rise on the 'bay for very little. He said he had more and some Cannondale 1 1/4 forks. PM me and I can send his id.

·
pepito
640 Posts
bushpig said:
Hanging from the door knob is a climbing cat toy from Germany.
phew! at first glance, it looked like someone had tried the doorknob method of removing a wiggly tooth, and forgot to take it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.