Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
check your six
Joined
·
4,181 Posts
that is so sexy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
IMO, the white seatpost and bash put it over the top, simply too much white. Otherwise it's great!
 

·
SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
Very nice, but why the 888? Aren't the 40 and the new Boxxers The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread?

Interesting. Nice custom graphics, too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Best looking blindside I've seen so far. I don't think I could ride something that looked like that though. I'm way too slow to call that kind of attention to myself, haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
So the author sits down with Jeff Steber to talk about his next bike and he buys a Transition??? :skep:
So? I'm failing to see why that surprises you.
Don't you think that would make Steber quite biased (and lose a bit of credibility) if he just up and started suggesting Intenses right out of the box?
Read the article. It 'splains exactly why they went with the Blindside.
 

·
Capricious youth...
Joined
·
3,814 Posts
I've found that all along, even when I was into cars, that I like products that one major color, with small pieces and add-ons in an accent color. I did my bike is matte black, and then added red bits (lock-ons, seatpost clamp, hubs, and Elixir CR's). It's got some bling, but isn't overwhelming.

Just my $0.02 and preferences.

And that Blindeside looks like a great build, but it's not my flavor.
 

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
Joined
·
3,749 Posts
rmb_mike said:
So? I'm failing to see why that surprises you.
Don't you think that would make Steber quite biased (and lose a bit of credibility) if he just up and started suggesting Intenses right out of the box?
Read the article. It 'splains exactly why they went with the Blindside.
I did read the article. It would be hard for me to ask the advise from someone who owns a frame company I guess... No doubt it's big of Jeff to say go buy a Mazda instead of a Lexus. ;)
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,006 Posts
suicidebomber said:
Very nice, but why the 888? Aren't the 40 and the new Boxxers The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread?

Interesting. Nice custom graphics, too!
umm
the 2010 888's are the gold standard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
jutny said:
IMO, the white seatpost and bash put it over the top, simply too much white. Otherwise it's great!
I concur, contrast is what your overall theme seems to be, and having that much color in one spot throws it off. A Thomson post and a black bashring would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
mullet dew said:
I concur, contrast is what your overall theme seems to be, and having that much color in one spot throws it off. A Thomson post and a black bashring would be perfect.
X3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
I did read the article. It would be hard for me to ask the advise from someone who owns a frame company I guess... No doubt it's big of Jeff to say go buy a Mazda instead of a Lexus. ;)
I would have no problem asking advice from a frame company owner. Their response will tell you if they are trustworthy or not. If they are too quick and heavy with talking about their own brand, well you have your answer there.
Yes. Yes it is quite big of Jeff to do that.
You think the author knew Jeff to be an unbiased kinda guy and that's the reason he asked him?
I read the article again, and one of the 'Wants' is -Affordability. I guess compared to an M3 or M6, the Blindside is going to be affordable. Maybe Jeff knows his bikes are expensive and that factored into his decision?
 

·
-> SickLines.com <-
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
So the author sits down with Jeff Steber to talk about his next bike and he buys a Transition??? :skep:
Jeff Steber is not the guy they talked to I'm betting. The "Jeff" in that thing is the owner of dropmachine i believe. To add further confusion, his nickname on dropmachine is Intense.
 

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
Joined
·
1,863 Posts
suicidebomber said:
Very nice, but why the 888? Aren't the 40 and the new Boxxers The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread?

Interesting. Nice custom graphics, too!
maybe on a racebike, but if you build a bike called the "Drop Machine" Marzocchi is still the only option.:D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top