Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home the other day and saw this bike (slightly disassembled) out at the end of the neighbors driveway. A few minutes later it was in my stand! It was actually in perfect functioning shape, just needed a rear skewer and a few things connected. Everything was even greased well. This will be my "all things gravel/road" oriented bike, as my current fleet is a fat bike, dirt jumper, and 90's era mtb grocery getter/bar crawler, none of which are very road friendly. As i have no aspirations of getting into serious road/gravel riding, this should fit the bill nicely at an even better cost.

I've got a drop bar/stem combo with 8spd microsoft setup in the parts bin, and a 1 1/8th adapter and crank arms on order. after that it will likely be just rubber and a saddle for now, but we'll see..

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yikes, is it going to do updates at random times while your riding and make things run really slow and somethings to stop working until you reboot it?
Not at all, its in the stand till the parts come in...put it together and done, save for maybe the tires and saddle happening down the road. This is not a big project.

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its getting closer. Need to go get some longer cables, old ones weren't quite long enough for the new running gear. I also took a cog of the cassette as the rear free hub wasn't wide enough to fit an 8 speed. The cog spacing looks pretty close so i'm hoping i can just use the limit screws to keep it in check while using the 8spd shifter. $50 in for all of it so far!

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's rideable now. Will need some tires but I'll wait till spring since it will be on a trainer all winter. Looking forward to logging some gravel miles. The frame is definitely a size big for me but it'll work! If I end up liking it enough it may get a set of wheels next year, likely someone's takeoffs.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.