Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Ya gotta love classics

Anton said:
Here's a couple shots of my Bianchi Project 7 (purchased new in 91). My Dad's been riding it (infrequently) around his neighborhood the past few years.
Put on a pair of MutanoRaptors last night - fit good with room to spare.
Mike
Bianchis are just plain cool. On one hand they thoroughly understand heritage and tradition, on the other hand they are making modern single speeders in many flavors. Their cruiser/city bike is one of my faves.

I hope your Dad rides it more with the new tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
~martini~ said:
Awesome Anton! Thanks for posting it. Great looking bike. Bet your dad has a good time rolling on that. You said it was a 19"? Most definitely a cool ride.
Yeh, it was sold as a 19.5" bike. Looking at the paperwork I still have on it, I actually purchased the bike in September of 1990.

Bianchi called it "a limited edition, extraordinary lightweight mountain bike built around 700c wheel technology and traditional mountain bike design".

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why called a Project 7?

The Avenger said:
So why was it called a Project 7?
I don't know.

It was originally called a Grizzly, same as the 26er version. In fact my bike is 'stickered' as a Grizzly, thoough it was sold to me as a Project 7.
I have a letter mailed to me after my purchase from the Bianchi Technical Department (Dave Silva), thanking me for my P-7 purchase and stating that the demand for this bike "far exceeds the supply".
Looks like a letter soliciting feedback about the bike. Can't remember if I ever responded, but cool that they asked.

Mike

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Anton said:
I don't know.

It was originally called a Grizzly, same as the 26er version. In fact my bike is 'stickered' as a Grizzly, thoough it was sold to me as a Project 7.
I have a letter mailed to me after my purchase from the Bianchi Technical Department (Dave Silva), thanking me for my P-7 purchase and stating that the demand for this bike "far exceeds the supply".
Looks like a letter soliciting feedback about the bike. Can't remember if I ever responded, but cool that they asked.

Mike
Reply to that letter now! Ask for a new P-7 with discs!

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I sold a bunch of those!

Chequama Mama said:
Thought this might be of interest. Bianchi Boardwalk No connection to seller, blah, blah. Looks like there is some pretty good tire clearance clarence. Don't know anything about the geometry or whatnot. Not my size, and I have a negative bike budget right now, or I wouldn't be posting it here.

YO MAMA
Boardwalks would maybe take a 45mm tire, at best. Plus, they are pretty typical of the era. Shorter top tube than a "true" off road rig would have. You definitely could make a raging drop bar bike out of it. Or a great touring bike, but not a "true" 29"er.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.