Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evil Patrick said:
In that case, my theory is that you've progressed!

Good job!
Actually, I've hit a wall. I know riding a little bit in theory (read stuff, watch videos) but I can't apply it. I've hit a wall and can't bust through. The fear of crashing and getting hurt bad usually have been getting in the way.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
mjsca07 said:
Actually, I've hit a wall. I know riding a little bit in theory (read stuff, watch videos) but I can't apply it. I've hit a wall and can't bust through. The fear of crashing and getting hurt bad usually have been getting in the way.
How old are you now?

How long have you been riding a Mountain bike?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evil Patrick said:
How old are you now?

How long have you been riding a Mountain bike?
30. Been riding now for about 2 years with about about a 4-5 month break here and there. I'm impatient and want results now, hehe. But I know I have gotten better since my first trail. I do get better in time so maybe my "wall" is just me being impatient. Just need to not think about injuries.

·
UF Engineering Slave
370 Posts
Why are you so worried about getting 'better'? Are you dieing to race or something? Remember that you are out there to enjoy yourself, the friends, and nature... you don't need to make record time, or clean some sweet section, in order to enjoy the ride!

I know i usually make my biggest improvements when I'm just trying to have a good time, and not stressing about how good I am.

ohh, and also consider some body armor if you don't already have it... that way you don't have to worry so much about your safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.