Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My name is patric from San Diego, Ca and i need some help just came into a Proflex 845, in very good condition and looks to be very well preserved, has not been upgraded that i can see still has the elostomer suspension, has lx/xt components and mavic rims, clor is a orange/red maybe
my question is can i run the serial @ thru a dat base and find out the history of this bike like you would a car, if so can someone tell me how thx
serial # is H4A017103:D
Sorry made an error it is a 854

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
zim04 said:
Hello My name is patric from San Diego, Ca and i need some help just came into a Proflex 845, in very good condition and looks to be very well preserved, has not been upgraded that i can see still has the elostomer suspension, has lx/xt components and mavic rims, clor is a orange/red maybe
my question is can i run the serial @ thru a dat base and find out the history of this bike like you would a car, if so can someone tell me how thx
serial # is H4A017103:D
Sorry made an error it is a 854
Pretty sure there's nothing like carfax for bikes...the closest you could do is narrow down the year of manufacture...

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Aside from a close visual inspection to make sure there is no frame damage...there isn't much you can do about its history aside from what the previous owner told you. Its just a bike.

If you're unsure, take to Velo Cult Bike Shop and have them give it the once over.

·