1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have always used 12 oz "paintball" cartridges. I had a shop flunky tell me one time that I should not do this, but I have never had a problem and have been using the same inflator for three years and have gone through about 85 12-gram cartridges with no problems.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's not really what I was looking for, I dont really care if the cartridges have oil or not or whether they will cause problems with the inflator, just whether or not I can use a 12oz cartridge and a penny in this proflate 16 inflator.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the links, I know I can get about 30 16g carts for like 35-45 including shipping and everything, but I can also get the 12g carts for like 25 for 40 of them and just use an extra cart per tire. I will let you guys know what I find in my research and testing.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it works.... here is what I did:

Grab supplies.

check tire pressure before:

release all air from tire.

put penny in the bottom of the proflate 16

and grab the 12 gram cartridge

Then tighten up the inflator so everything is nice and sealed and ready to use. Put it on the valve stem and inflate. Then check air pressure.

empty inflator and look at bent penny

In short, it works, I popped the penny in there and tightened everything up and the penny actually got bent into the shape of the co2 cartridge. I accidently fired some of the air from it before I put it on the valve stem so it should get you about 30-32psi in the tire.

I then took another cartridge to top off both my tires since they were both below 30 and one cartridge brought both tires from 30-45 with no trouble and a little extra to spare.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
agriholic said:
I have always used 12 oz "paintball" cartridges. I had a shop flunky tell me one time that I should not do this, but I have never had a problem and have been using the same inflator for three years and have gone through about 85 12-gram cartridges with no problems.
what is the supposed reasoning for that?

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
i'd call BS... it's standard protocall to put a few drops of oil in the air line before you air up the gun to lubricate the system... if you have a standard co2 tank filled at the field they use stuff they get from welding supply shops (or whoever supplies compressed gasses in the area)...

i'd guess it has more to do with the threaded 16g costing 2x as much...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
donalson said:
what is the supposed reasoning for that?
Supposedly there is oil in the cartridges used for paintball, but there is tons of proof and tests online that there is no oil in those cartridges at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.