Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a build for a muti-use Black Market Mob, I've got it pretty well planned out but can't pick cranks.

They are both pretty nice, I like that profile won't have bolt holes for sprockets, but other than that I'm not sure how else ot pick one over the other.

The bike will be running 1/8" chain on a profile or tree splined sprocket

guess....

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
I don't think the Vandetta crank spindle is 100% compatible with the Tree splined or Profile splined. I think it is matchined to slightly different tolerances, which is enough to not make them fit correctly.

I only run profiles and the no boss cranks are the sh!t for splined drives. I just upgraded from a Tree to a Profile splined using a Ti Profile spindle. Awesomeness.

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
the Vendetta used to use a proprietary spindle size, but the new Vendetta V3 has gone back to the standard 19mm 48t spindle. they market it as being a bolt-on crankarm for Profile (or similar) spindles.

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
alexrex20 said:
the Vendetta used to use a proprietary spindle size, but the new Vendetta V3 has gone back to the standard 19mm 48t spindle. they market it as being a bolt-on crankarm for Profile (or similar) spindles.
Ah good update. I thought that they were planning to make them standard. I love my Profiles and now that they have the outboard bearing BB, they are even better. But really either way is a win. I like the clean simple look of the Profiles personally. Plus Ti bolts finish them off perfectly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, I can't help but think I'll regret the graphics and trendiness of deity down the road, I'm leaning towards profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts