Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product recall: Magura Durin Race 80/100 suspension forks

Magura are recalling the first production batch of their Durin Race 80/100 (MD 80R/100R) suspension forks.

The German company has identified faults with the forks, particularly with the lower legs, which have been known to crack. If you have a pair, you are advised to stop using them immediately.

The recall includes the Durin Race 80/100 in both disc brake-only and cantilever/disc versions. Durin Marathon and Durin SL forks are not affected.

To identify whether your forks are affected, go to Magura's website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello- greetings from the Magura USA sales manager- The above is true, however we have not notified anyone in the United Sates because the CPSC has not approved the recall in the US. We should have the recall approved by the end of the day- I hope. I will keep you guys informed.

You can go to the site and enter your personal information and the serial number of your Durin and see if your fork is affected- if not keep riding it! Once we get the CPSC approval you are free to contact us and start the process- it will be short and sweet.

Our plan is to have your fork lowers replaced with strong, new shiny ones… in the process we will replace the bushings, seals and lubrication oil! Not a bad deal- you will get your fork serviced for free in the middle of the winter…

I value everyone that had supported Magura- we WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

Thanks- Tony

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello, having worked at a distro in Canada before, the most accepted route is to bring your fok a bike shop that you have a goo rapport with and get them to send it in.
Even if they call Orange and get an R/A number you may then be able to drop it off in person and save time.
Different Bike oughta beable to help you out. If you do go there say hi to Andy for me.
Rodel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.