Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lads !

I've been looking at the procaliber and I might pull the trigger in a month or two.

However, since stuff ain't cheap, maybe I'll get a used one.

Do you know if there have been "major" evolutions on the frame models between 2017/2018/2019, please ? Couldn't find useful informations so far.

Thanks a lot !

·
Community Manager at Trek
466 Posts
Hello lads !

I've been looking at the procaliber and I might pull the trigger in a month or two.

However, since stuff ain't cheap, maybe I'll get a used one.

Do you know if there have been "major" evolutions on the frame models between 2017/2018/2019, please ? Couldn't find useful informations so far.

Thanks a lot !
Hey there! The Procaliber frame has not changed from 2017-2019. The only difference between the model years, if you compare the same tier, are the components on the bike.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I didn't expect such a quick reply, especially an "official" one.

Thanks a lot for this, Mitch ;)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Speaking of Procaliber evolution, the Trek Canada website now has fewer models available than it did a week or so ago. There are no aluminum models available - just carbon. The Procaliber 6 is gone....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey there! The Procaliber frame has not changed from 2017-2019. The only difference between the model years, if you compare the same tier, are the components on the bike.
I'm curious how the Procaliber changed between 2016 and 2017. I have a 2016 Procaliber 9.7SL that I bought brand new about a year ago as a closeout so I thought it was a good deal. Now, I have a cracked drive-side seatstay and am waiting to hear back from my shop about warranty. I have never crashed this bike. I noticed what I thought was a scratch, but in the past few weeks it started to spread. I took it to the shop and they photographed it but kept talking like it probably wouldn't be covered. Was there some kind of weakness in the seatstays and was that why the 2017-2019 models are different? Thank you.

·
Community Manager at Trek
466 Posts
I'm curious how the Procaliber changed between 2016 and 2017. I have a 2016 Procaliber 9.7SL that I bought brand new about a year ago as a closeout so I thought it was a good deal. Now, I have a cracked drive-side seatstay and am waiting to hear back from my shop about warranty. I have never crashed this bike. I noticed what I thought was a scratch, but in the past few weeks it started to spread. I took it to the shop and they photographed it but kept talking like it probably wouldn't be covered. Was there some kind of weakness in the seatstays and was that why the 2017-2019 models are different? Thank you.
Sorry to hear about the crack on your frame! Our warranty team evaluates all claims case-by-case to determine the cause of failure so that decision will ultimately be up to them.

As for the 2016-2017, there are no changes other than the 2017 introduced the alloy frames when 2016 was the carbon frames.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Speaking of Procaliber evolution, the Trek Canada website now has fewer models available than it did a week or so ago. There are no aluminum models available - just carbon. The Procaliber 6 is gone....
Weird. Now the Procaliber 6 is back on the site...

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 9.8 frame cracked in the non-driveside seat stay, and they sent me a new warranty frame. No idea what caused that to happen. I've had great experiences with Trek in the few warranty issues that I've encountered. It's made me a repeat customer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 9.8 frame cracked in the non-driveside seat stay, and they sent me a new warranty frame. No idea what caused that to happen. I've had great experiences with Trek in the few warranty issues that I've encountered. It's made me a repeat customer.
That’s great. I had heard great things about Trek’s warranty, but in my case they have denied my claim. They say it looks like impact damage, but as I said in my earlier post I’ve never crashed that bike. Now could it be a rock strike? I suppose it could be, but if Trek’s carbon fiber can’t stand up to a rock strike I’m not sure I’d want one or recommend one to any one. I’ve bought four Treks. All brand new from the same dealer and all aluminum until the ProCaliber. I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer and have sent numerous people there for bikes. I know of at least four people who have bought from them in the past year based on my recommendation. I was really hoping I’d get a little help on this warranty claim but I guess not.

Now I’m trying to decide if I have it repaired or buy a new aluminum frame. I’m feeling kind of lost on this because I’ve never had any issues like this with any of my Treks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crack on your frame! Our warranty team evaluates all claims case-by-case to determine the cause of failure so that decision will ultimately be up to them.

As for the 2016-2017, there are no changes other than the 2017 introduced the alloy frames when 2016 was the carbon frames.
Thanks for the response Mitch.

I had heard great things about Trek’s warranty, but in my case they have denied my claim. They say it looks like impact damage, but as I said in my earlier post I’ve never crashed that bike.

I’ve bought four Treks. All brand new from the same dealer and all aluminum until the ProCaliber. I was really hoping I’d get a little help on this warranty claim but I guess not.

Now I’m trying to decide if I have it repaired or buy a new aluminum frame from another manufacturer. I really thought Trek would stand behind their product a little bit better. Don’t think I’ll ever buy another carbon fiber bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts