Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have any problems with the main pivot coming loose. I have used blue lock tight and get about 30 miles before it comes loose. I hate to use something that will be hard to get loose, because of the little 4mm allen screws. They tend to strip out very easy. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't seen any responses to your post, so thought I'd let you know you were heard by somebody.

I just picked up a slightly used 2005 Warrior Pro, and have not had the symptoms you describe. But I will keep an eye on it from this point on.

How much wear has the bike had?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'd be interested to see what the "official" response from IH is on this.

Mine too has loosened in the past and even though I've taken measures to optimize the assembly, I feel the design is, shall we say, non-optimal and is eventually prone to loosening regardless. My advice is to carry wrenches (and getting in behind the big chainwheel requires a "customized" wrench to do it right) and keep your eye on it.

When you do "service" it after you discover it's come loose mid ride, thoroughly clean all of the old loctite of the threads (male and female threads), use acteone and a Q-tip to ensure no oils are on the threads, reapply loctite and reassemble.

I'd stay away from "permanent" thread locking compounds. They can be busted loose with a heat gun later, but . . . can't be good for those pivot bearings.

Shimming the stackup appropriately so that the screws can be fully torqued without play or binding in the pivot is your best chance for long term success. As delivered, my Warrior's pivot would bind if those screws were fully torqued.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ska todd said:
Drop Tom B at Iron Horse a line (800.645.5477 x 206). I believe the new Yakuza hardware can be used on the Warrior and should alleviate this issue.

-ska todd
Thanks for the info, todd. I am 200 pounder and ride killer single track here in north alabama. I have had trouble with my last bike {ellsworth truth, broken 4 times in 3 years got rid of that junk.} Love the ride I get from the warrior pro. Ride like its your last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.