Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've receieved my 31.6mm NU alu post recently and I find that the concorde saddle does not make a perfect fit into the clamping zone of the post. The top and bottom rails do not make a perfect fit.

I had to intentionally flex the saddle a little in order to make it fit nicely... and now, after a few rides, I find that the saddle rails of my concorde are pretty much scarred with the clamp markings digging into it.

during rides, i experience a rather annoying ticking noise frequently coming from the seatpost clamping zone... sigh.

I wonder if this is a common problem for users of carbon railed saddles with light weight seatposts...
Will this present a problem for my saddle in the near future? like the thing breaking at the scarred point or something?

Please share your views.
Much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've had one of my Tune SpeedNeedles clamped in KCNC Ti Pro Lite, Thomson Masterpiece and AX Lightness Daedalus (currently), and there's some scarring of the carbon rails, but its still perfectly sound and does not creak hardly at all.

My other SpeedNeedle is currently clamped into a New Ultimate carbon post, and it will creak and pop occasionally, and the rails are slightly marred, but again, I think there's nothing to worry about. I used to get the odd pop and creak out of a Ti railed Selle Italia SLR in the Thomson post as well.

As to the fact that the rails are too close together for the clamps on the post, I'm not sure why its that way, but I suspect a bit of torque to spread the rails 1mm or so will not harm the rails/seat in the least. Maybe you need to tighten the clamp bolts just a little bit.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
some shaving needed...

Mr_CK said:
Hi guys,

I've receieved my 31.6mm NU alu post recently and I find that the concorde saddle does not make a perfect fit into the clamping zone of the post. The top and bottom rails do not make a perfect fit.

I had to intentionally flex the saddle a little in order to make it fit nicely... and now, after a few rides, I find that the saddle rails of my concorde are pretty much scarred with the clamp markings digging into it.

during rides, i experience a rather annoying ticking noise frequently coming from the seatpost clamping zone... sigh.

I wonder if this is a common problem for users of carbon railed saddles with light weight seatposts...
Will this present a problem for my saddle in the near future? like the thing breaking at the scarred point or something?

Please share your views.
Much appreciated. thanks
i also have the NU seatpost and Concorde saddle. the outer edges of the yokes are too sharp and will dig into the fibres...i rounded those tips to make them fit the saddle.see pic!

you will always see marks on the lower clamping area , that's normal for this saddle and won't do any damage. i run my saddle already 3 years...you really need to re-thighten the saddle after the first rides and then the ticking sound will be gone. i also use copper paste on the clamping parts to avoid any sounds.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.