Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem. The gold floodgate adjustor on my 09 Reba 29erTeam does not move independantly of the lockout lever so the floodgate thrreshold cannot be adjusted. I dont know if this is normal as have only had normal Motion Control forks not the Black Box version? :confused:

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Mine was kinda stuck so I took the knob off and used some needle nose pliers to move it while holding the blue knob in place, once it moved I put the knob back on and it turned freely.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you guys saying that when I turn the lockout, the center gold floodgate dial is s'pose to not move with it? And that the fact its not moving means its stuck.. after you used needlenose to somewhat "hold it in place and force the issue", it now remains stationary upon turning the lockout lever? I want to make sure I understand the mechanics...

So on the same topic, what do you consider an optimal floodgate position for those using the team? (I'm 210lb 6'4"). Per other articles, its describes the BB floodgate as a high speed compression adjuster, rather than a blow-off adjuster..

·
Registered
315 Posts
crank-87 said:
Can anyone provide any more info on this? My center knob turns with the lockout lever, too. Is there a trick to getting that middle silver knob off?
There is a very small (like 2-2.5mm) set screw that holds the floodgate knob on.

Removing it, holding the lockout knob and gently turning the floodgate shaft with pliers does the trick. I put a drop of teflon lube on it and let a sit a bit first, but that was probably not necessary.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
fsr29erATX said:
Are you guys saying that when I turn the lockout, the center gold floodgate dial is s'pose to not move with it? And that the fact its not moving means its stuck.. after you used needlenose to somewhat "hold it in place and force the issue", it now remains stationary upon turning the lockout lever? I want to make sure I understand the mechanics...

So on the same topic, what do you consider an optimal floodgate position for those using the team? (I'm 210lb 6'4"). Per other articles, its describes the BB floodgate as a high speed compression adjuster, rather than a blow-off adjuster..
The floodgate knob would not move independent of the comp knob to adj it, it was stuck so we had to use NN pliers, it moves with the comp knob when you adj that.

I don't think it's a high speed comp circuit since it controls the top of the stroke, it's just a blow off adjust for the lockout but I think it affects the overall compression as well. If you run the floodgate all the way in clockwise the fork will feel firmer throughout the range of comp adj in my experience with RS forks, and vise versa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.