Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Am new to the forum so go easy on me hehe, nice to be on here though :)

My Juicy 5's weren't exactly performing really well but then again, my last service was a year ago, i first changed my pads but then worn them out again, thereafter my brakes were not responding properly anymore, so i decided to research and found out about bleeding, set ups and so on!

SO so far i managed to Bleed the brakes, replaced the pads AGAIN and well from today the bike brakes really well...however!! the brake handles i have to like pull them 5cm ish for it to fully take on full charge, when i bought the bike a slight touch about 2cm and the brakes were applied fully!

Is there something that can be done about this, or did i do something wrong while bleeding the brakes.

any help is welcome :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fuzion said:
Hey guys,

Am new to the forum so go easy on me hehe, nice to be on here though :)

My Juicy 5's weren't exactly performing really well but then again, my last service was a year ago, i first changed my pads but then worn them out again, thereafter my brakes were not responding properly anymore, so i decided to research and found out about bleeding, set ups and so on!

SO so far i managed to Bleed the brakes, replaced the pads AGAIN and well from today the bike brakes really well...however!! the brake handles i have to like pull them 5cm ish for it to fully take on full charge, when i bought the bike a slight touch about 2cm and the brakes were applied fully!

Is there something that can be done about this, or did i do something wrong while bleeding the brakes.

any help is welcome :p
I'm somewhat of a newb when it comes to hydros, but as said, bleed the brakes to make sure that there aren't any air bubbles in the fluid. And it seems somewhat logical that if you bled your brakes, you may have lost some of the fluid in the process, creating less pressure, which may be aided by adding more fluid? Don't just do that without asking your LBS, because I'm not even sure if it will work. Once again, newb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.