Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to get the Hadley 10mm axle through the new axle holder that comes in the Hope Pro II 10 mm conversion kit. The axle with fit part way in, but then it gets suck and jambed in there and I have to tap it back out with a punch and a hammer. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
MTB1986 said:
I cannot seem to get the Hadley 10mm axle through the new axle holder that comes in the Hope Pro II 10 mm conversion kit. The axle with fit part way in, but then it gets suck and jambed in there and I have to tap it back out with a punch and a hammer. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Maybe the Hope Pro II has a spacer or something inside that is not centered, or the conversion kit is not machined concentric to the internal axle of the hub. Measure the Hadley axle it should be right on 10mm diameter, I think it is within .025mm of 10mm.

Erik,

www.balleracing.com

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it'll fit like half way in and then it hits a ridge on the inside and gets stuck, it just barely wont fit, I'll try to shave it down some to get it to fit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
MTB1986 said:
Yeah, it'll fit like half way in and then it hits a ridge on the inside and gets stuck, it just barely wont fit, I'll try to shave it down some to get it to fit.
I know on some front 20mm hubs the inner spacer is not centered and you need to stick your finger in the hub to center the inner spacer before you put the axle in. I am not sure how the Hope rear hub is designed but maybe it has a inner bearing spacer that is a little off centered and you need to stick something smaller than a 10mm axle in it to center the spacer. On a Hadley hub you would not have this problem, the internal axle through hole is way larger than 10mm and the conversion end caps are threaded on. I wouldn't shave down the axle, it looks like the problem is in the hub. I have sold many Hadley 10mm axles to people with Hadley and other brands of hubs and they never had a problem with the 10mm axle not fitting

Erik,

www.balleracing.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.