Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble gripping my seat with my knees for certain stuff. First off I've got 661 DJ knee pads, I'm fairly tall (6'2"), my bikes a dobermann molosse so the seat is way low if that makes any sense, and I'm currently using a WTB lazer V for my seat, so its got a super skinny nose. Whenever I try and grip the seat the pads clunk together and no pressure even goes to the seat because its so low that it only reaches about 3/4 of the way up my shins. What am I doing wrong? I've thought of raising the seat but it'd seem really goofy with it up any higher (right now its about 4 inches above the seattube collar).

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
I've got the same problem but I guess thats because I run my seat directly attached to my frame. Not really much you can do, I've heard that you can try pinching your cranks between your feet. Although I haven't tried it, it seems like it would work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.