Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They placed an unauthorized charge on my card for $49.99 yesterday, but I havent ordered with them for about a year (remember those cheap Nema shorts?)

Their CS mailbox is full, and not taking any more messages. Getting a live person is impossible.

I've placed a claim with my bank to reverse the charge. Anyone who has done business with them in the past should check their statements very carefully.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same here

I got that charge too. Keep trying you'll have to get through and speak to CS. It took Three contacts before they were reversed. Make sure you check your old Credit Card bills. I had it for three months. They claim you checked a box for a monthly service.

NEVER BUY FROM CLASSIC CLOSEOUTS!!!

It was and is a Scam!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep! It was the order of the shorts...then several months later I also got charged this amount. My cc however picked up this activity and called me immediately, they considered this fraudulant and shutdown the cc, denied the charge.

Stay away from Classic Closeouts. Their customer service is non-existant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
caveat emptor

Bumping this... check your credit card statements people!! I had a $49.99 charge show up at the end of last month, nevermind the fact that I hadn't done an order in over a year... good luck getting a hold of them too!

I reported this to my credit card co. so hopefully this gets resolved and that store gets burned :madmax:

·
Banned
1,139 Posts
PJL said:
Bumping this... check your credit card statements people!! I had a $49.99 charge show up at the end of last month, nevermind the fact that I hadn't done an order in over a year... good luck getting a hold of them too!

I reported this to my credit card co. so hopefully this gets resolved and that store gets burned :madmax:
Thanks for the heads up I order from them a few times but so far my statements are good

·
Give dirt to me... Repent
127 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you! The charge appeared on my account a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't noticed it. Dispute filed with CC company, hope it gets resolved.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I picked up on that $49.99 charge on my last CC statement as well - called Visa and they credited me immediately. I also bought those fake/seconds Nema shorts last year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.