Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just been out in the garage sorting out my bike after riding at Llandegla today and pulled on the rear brake lever hard and heard a sudden snapping sound - level now moves all of the way back (until the cabel hits the stoper on the caliper) and the pad inside doesn't move at all, meaning i now have no rear brake, and was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if anyone could think what the problem could be. I havnt taken the caliper apart of anything its still on the bike, came in in a strop lol!
Thanks in advance
Jamie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
standard235 said:
Cable probably snapped.
The cable seems to be in perfect condition still, it pulls the caliper fine etc the caliper just doesn't move the pad and also has next to no spring bk (sorry for the non technical terms, don't no technical speak!)

Jamie

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
jamiedallow said:
The cable seems to be in perfect condition still, it pulls the caliper fine etc the caliper just doesn't move the pad and also has next to no spring bk (sorry for the non technical terms, don't no technical speak!)

Jamie
call avid

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.