Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a modified FD-6600 2x10 (shorter cage)+ procraft toppull contverter for shimano ( https://www.procraft.de/Catalog.Produkte.Suche.konverter.2056 ) with 2x9 setup (race face deus xc + 26/34 TA). The shifters are sram x9 around 2008 model year.

The problem is barely acceptable pull force on the shifter's lever. I can use it under race conditions, but it's still heavy.

In the video
i shift the gear till the click, but the cage is not positioned properly. I have to pull the lever a bit more. Or push it all the way, but its not so convinient because of long travel (maybe if i had a longer finger it would be ok :) ).

And the mech had to be tuned on the shifter's 2 gear only.

Did i miss something or the shop sent me a wrong one?

·
Registered
762 Posts
i have the adapter for the 7900 dura ace
i modified it
the problem is that, when its mounted such as yours is, parallel with the ground, you loose leverage as the deraileur moves through its arc

i mounted mine at approx a 45 degree angle and welded a piece on the bottom so it doesnt slip under load that way as the deraileur moves through its arc, at full swing, the adapter is approx parallel with the ground, sustaining maximum leverage

sorry no pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.