Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You will see 2 bearing in one side. I put a lot of effort but I dont want to damage this. I change other bearing that have one bearing very easy.

Attachments

·
Magically Delicious
14,211 Posts
Okay, stuck. Then removal on double bearings that can only exit in one direction can be challenging in multiple ways.

A seat stay area is a difficult part to appropriately stabilize well enough to take some force to remove the bearing and/or not damage it. A blind puller expanded into the bearing split can separate them, but it requires force. You might be able to use a conventional extractor, if you're able to secure it on the stay and/or comfortable with possible damage.

I suspect Specialized has a proper procedure for removal.

Maybe just take it to a qualified bike shop?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Today I learned to not changing my bearing with sockets because I damage 2 bearings. Anyway thank for the help.
Nothing wrong with sockets for bearing removal though, if you're replacing the bearings then it's ok to damage existing ones during removal with the socket method 👍
If this is something you'll be doing more often than not then I'd get a decent press. I have the RRP press tool which is very nice. You just buy the install/removal drifts per the bearing size you need to install/remove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.