Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
long standing member
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While cleaning off my new (used) RFX last week (on day two of ownership :rolleyes: ) I noticed that the rear disk brake mount was cracked. Needless to say I was dismayed (pissed). :madmax:

I immediately call Turner to find out what options are: if it can be welded or I need to replace the seatstay, etc. I reach Jarett and he put me on with Greg. I explain the problem, and he asks what kind of mount it is, is it a "window" type or a solid billet. I tell him that it's got holes (arches) in it, so I guess it's the window type.

He then tells me that they'll cover it under warranty, because they had a number of those type fail before they moved to the solid type. He gets my address, and says, "we'll send you a new seatstay today." :eek: :D

Well, I received it via UPS today. I just wanted to give the guys at Turner some props for taking care of this. It's a nearly five year old frame on it's third (at least) owner. They could've told me to pound sand. Instead they took care of the problem in 90 seconds (plus a week for shipping).

I haven't even ridden the frame yet and I've already experienced the great customer service that you guys rave about. This situation has really affirmed my decision to purchase a Turner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Patrick

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Wow, that is just outstanding.

I have had some really good customer service from them in the past. Most recently I just worked through a problem with Greg that I was having on my highline. The seatpost would spin in the frame on me when I moved around on the bike no matter how tight I made the clamp. After chatting with him a short time and taking some measurements we decided to try a different seat post clamp. It turns out that the hope seatpost qr clamp is kinda weaksauce in the clamping department and a cheapo supergo one works great. I was stoked because he helped me to solve the problem even when it was not the turner parts that were at fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts